- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill’s condolences over the death of Nelson Mandela
09.12.2013 00:11 ·
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia expressed his condolences to the South African President, Mr. Jacob Zuma, over the death of Nelson Mandela, a fighter against racial discrimination and the former president of the Republic of South Africa.
- Patriarch Kirill awards executives of the Presidential Administration
04.12.2013 18:02 ·
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia presented high church awards to some executives of the Presidential Administration, at the Patriarchal chambers in the Moscow Kremlin.
- International theological conference on Modern Bible Studies and the Tradition of the Church concludes its work
28.11.2013 22:38 ·
The forum was attended by leading bibleists and theologians of the Russian Orthodox Church, secular scholars and specialists from abroad.
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Iraq’s Ambassador to Russia Ismail Shafeeq Mohsen
26.11.2013 22:19 ·
The Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church said that Russia and Iraq had a good and long history of relations, which ‘have been intensively developing since 1958 after certain changes, also in historical science, which is close to me and to people having the similar philosophy of life. I recall expeditions from the Russian Academy of Sciences to Mesopotamia, the place of the dawn of civilization linked with the Biblical history. An agreement between our states signed in 1972 has provided legal background for successful development of our relations.’
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill receives Archbishop Vincenzo Paglia, President of the Pontifical Council for the Family
26.11.2013 14:43 ·
They were joined in the meeting, which took place at Danilovskaya hotel, by Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Department for External Church Relations, and Prof. Adriano Roccucci, general secretary of the Community of Sant’Egidio.
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill opens International Conference on Modern Bible Studies and the Tradition of the Church
26.11.2013 14:38 ·
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia opened the conference and welcomed the participants.
- Members of the Supreme Church Council of the Russian Orthodox Church commemorated victims of the tragedy in Riga
22.11.2013 18:57 ·
“Before we begin our work, I would like to remind you that on November 21 a tragedy occurred in Riga – the roof and walls of the supermarket collapsed, and innocent people were killed or injured,” His Holiness said.
- On his birthday Patriarch Kirill celebrates the Divine Liturgy at the Church of Christ the Saviour
20.11.2013 16:19 ·
He was assisted by a great number of hierarchs and high-ranking church officials in holy orders, abbots and Moscow deans and priests.
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Cardinal Angelo Scola
12.11.2013 20:32 ·
On 12 November 2013, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia met with Cardinal Angelo Scola, Archbishop of Milan. They were joined in the meeting, which took place at the Patriarchal residence in St. Daniel’s Monastery, by Archbishop Paolo Pezzi of the Archdiocese of the Mother of God in Moscow, Ms Giovanna Paravicini, a staff member of the Apostolic Nunciature to the Russian Federation, and Archimandrite Philaret ( Bulekov), vice chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations.
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill sends condolences over natural disaster in the Philippines
10.11.2013 22:58 ·
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia expressed condolences to H.E. Benigno Aquino, President of the Republic of Philippines, over many human victims and large-scale destruction caused by the typhoon.
- Primate of the Russian Church celebrates at the Church of Our Lady the Joy to All the Afflicted
06.11.2013 17:31 ·
Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk greeted His Holiness Kirill on behalf of the clergy and parishioners of the church. As a token of the service and in anticipation of His Holiness’s birthday, Metropolitan Hilarion presented the Patriarch with vestments modelled after those of St. Jonas of Moscow as depicted in the 17th century icons.
- Patriarch Kirill meets with Cardinal Paul Poupard, honorary president of the Pontifical Council for Culture
02.11.2013 00:42 ·
The guest was accompanied by lawyer Giuseppe Muzymeci, president of the Cardinal Paul Poupard Foundation, Mr. Fernando Pelazzo, head of the Moscow representation of the UBI Banca, Italy, Prince Sforza Ruspoli, vice-president of Banca del Sud, Italy, and Ms. G. Fomina, vice-president of ALFA-Bank.
- Patriarch Kirill meets with students of advance course for newly-installed bishops
30.10.2013 16:25 ·
The two-day course opened on October 21 at the Ss Cyril and Methodius Institute of Post-Graduate Studies. The short-term course of this kind was held for already the third time.
- Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church meets with President of Ecuador
30.10.2013 00:58 ·
On 29 October 2013, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia met with the President of Ecuador, H. E. Rafael Correa.
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill: We take the sufferings of the Syrian people as our own
08.10.2013 21:08 ·
On 8 October 2013, the commemoration day of St Sergius of Radonezh, after the Divine Liturgy and a thanksgiving celebrated in the Laura of the Holy Trinity and St Sergius, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill met with the delegation of the Syrian hierarchs who attended the service.
- Primates of the Local Orthodox Churches consecrate Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ in Podgorica
07.10.2013 20:38 ·
The Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ was consecrated in Podgorica, Montenegro, on 7 October 2013.
- Serbian Orthodox Church gets archive materials about ecclesiastical life in Serbia in the period between two world wars
07.10.2013 20:17 ·
At the solemn assembly held in Niš, Serbia, in honour of the 1700th anniversary of the Edict of Milan, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia presented His Holiness Patriarch Irinej of Serbia with the digitized copies of the archive materials of the Holy Synod of the Serbian Orthodox Church for the period between the two world wars.
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople
07.10.2013 10:45 ·
On 6 October 2013, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia met with His Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople in Podgorica. The Primates have arrived in Montenegro to participate in the blessing of the Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ in Podgorica.
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill meets with Mr. Milo Dukanović, Prime Minister of Montenegro
07.10.2013 01:06 ·
On 6 October 2013, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia met with the Prime Minister of Montenegro, Mr. Milo Dukanović.
- Primates of Local Orthodox Churches celebrate Divine liturgy in the birthtown of St Constantine the Great
06.10.2013 22:04 ·
On 6 October 2013, the commemoration day of the conception of St. John the Baptist, the main event of the celebration of the 1700th anniversary of the Edict of Milan took place.