- Statement by DECR Communication Service on the events in Syrian Maalula
04.12.2013 01:28 ·
It is reported that some nuns and orphans as well as Mother Superior Pelagia (Sayyaf) were taken hostage and driven away in an unknown direction.
- Conference ‘The Future of Christianity in Europe. The Roles of Churches and Peoples of Poland and Russia’ completes its work in Warsaw
01.12.2013 12:50 ·
Prior to the final session, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations, and the retired Archbishop Henryk Muszyński, former Metropolitan of Gniezno and the Primate of Poland, were honoured with the award ‘For Merits in Promoting Tolerance-2013’, which the Tolerance Foundation gives to people who promote cooperation among people of different faiths on the basis of equality.
- Metropolitan Hilarion meets with Mr. Igor Radojičić, President of the National Assembly of Republika Srpska
22.11.2013 16:00 ·
Metropolitan Hilarion warmly greeted the high guest and his suite and shared with them reminiscences of his visit to Banja Luka paid at the invitation of the President of the Republika Srpska, Milorad Dodik, in November 2012. The DECR chairman noted that the development of relations with Republika Srpska was important to the Moscow Patriarchate.
- On his birthday Patriarch Kirill celebrates the Divine Liturgy at the Church of Christ the Saviour
20.11.2013 16:19 ·
He was assisted by a great number of hierarchs and high-ranking church officials in holy orders, abbots and Moscow deans and priests.
- Metropolitan Hilarion completes his visit to Lebanon
11.11.2013 12:47 ·
On 10 November 2013, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations (DECR), who visited Lebanon in connection with the celebration of the 25th anniversary of consecration of Archbishop Nifon of Philippopolis, representative of the Patriarch of Antioch and all the East to the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia, met with the Patriarch of the Maronite Church, Cardinal Bechara Boutros al-Raï, at his residence near Beirut.
- Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with His Beatitude Patriarch John X of Antioch
10.11.2013 12:31 ·
On 9 November 2013, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations (DECR), currently on a visit to Lebanon with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, visited the Monastery of the Dormition of the Theotokos in Balamand, where he was received by His Beatitude John X, Patriarch of the Great Antioch and All the East.
- A round table held in Moscow on the situation of Christians in the Middle East and North Africa
05.11.2013 23:44 ·
On November 5, 2013, a round table on “The situation of Christians: new threats and the humanitarian missions of the Imperial Orthodox Palestinian Society” was held in Moscow as part of the 12th church-public exhibition-forum “Orthodox Rus’ – Towards the Day of People’s Unity”. It was organized by the IOPS Moscow branch.
- 3d advanced courses for newly-installed bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church
21.10.2013 16:11 ·
21 October 2013 – With the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, the 3d two-day advanced course for newly-installed bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church opened at the Ss Cyril and Methodius Institute of Post-Graduate and Doctoral Studies.
- Archbishop Elisey of Sourozh takes part in the 7th meeting of Pan-Orthodox Episcopal Assembly for Britain and Ireland
18.10.2013 13:34 ·
(Russian) В числе тем, обсуждавшихся на встрече, – подготовка образовательных брошюр о крещении и венчании, окормление православных заключенных и пастырские рекомендации по подготовке к причастию
- Georgian Patriarch opens in Tbilisi exhibition of Russian icons
18.10.2013 13:24 ·
On 15 October 2013, an exhibition “The ‘Measured Icon’: Its History and Its Present”, organized by the Russian Club of Orthodox Maecenases, was presented at the Holy Trinity Cathedral in Tbilisi. Opening the exhibition was His Holiness and Beatitude Catholicos-Patriarch Ilia II of Georgia. Hieromonk Stefan (Igumnov), a DECR staff member, took part in the event with the blessing of Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk.
- Metropolitan Varsonofy of Saransk and Mordovia celebrates Divine Liturgy in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
16.10.2013 13:49 ·
On 12 October 2013, Metropolitan Varsonofy of Saransk and Mordovia, chancellor of the Moscow Patriarchate, arrived in the Holy Land. That same day he met with His Beatitude Theophilos III, Patriarch of the Holy City of Jerusalem and All Palestine.
- DECR representative takes part in the celebration in Georgia
16.10.2013 13:18 ·
On 14 October 2013, the Georgian Orthodox Church celebrated the feast of Mtskhetoba-Svetitsokhoveli dedicated to the great shrines of the Life-Creating Pillar and the Chiton of the Lord, which was brought to Georgia in the 1st century. The feast is celebrated in Mtskheta, the ancient capital and spiritual centre of Georgia, where the shrines are kept.
- Representative of the Russian Orthodox Church meets with Bulgarian deputy minister of economy and energy
16.10.2013 12:04 ·
On 15 October 2013, archimandrite Filipp (Vasiltsev), representative of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia to the Bulgarian Patriarchate, met with Mr. Botev, deputy minister of economy, energy and tourism of Bulgaria.
- Icon of St Innocent of Irkutsk presented to Orthodox parish in Hong Kong
15.10.2013 16:15 ·
On 14 October 2013, the feast day of the Intercession of the Mother of God, an icon of St Innocent of Irkutsk, the heavenly patron of the Orthodox Church in China, was presented to the Orthodox parish of Ss Peter and Paul in Hong Kong with the blessing of Metropolitan Vadim of Irkutsk and Angarsk.
- Conference dedicated to St Sergius of Radohezh takes place in Sofia
15.10.2013 16:12 ·
On 13 October 2013, with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and His Holiness Patriarch Neophyte of Bulgaria, a conference dedicated to the 700th anniversary of the birth of St Sergius of Radonezh was held at the Russian Cultural and Information Centre in Sofia.
- Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk sends greetings to participants and guests of the conference dedicated to the 700th anniversary of the birth of St Sergius of Radonezh
15.10.2013 15:59 ·
Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations, sent a message of greetings to the organizers and participants of the conference which is taking place in Sofia, Bulgaria, and is dedicated to the 700th anniversary of the birth of St Sergius of Radonezh. The text of the message is given below.
- Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk meets with Mr. Gebran Bassil, Lebanon’s acting Minister of Energy and Water
10.10.2013 20:20 ·
Mr. Bassil expressed his deep gratitude to the Russian Orthodox Church for supporting Christians in the Middle East.
- DECR chairman meets with representatives of Christian Churches of Syria
10.10.2013 20:13 ·
On 10 October 2013, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate’s Department for External Church Relations, met at the DECR premises with a delegation of Christian hierarchs from Syria.
- Metropolitan Hilarion opens First International Patristics Conference of the Theological Institute of Post-Graduate Studies
10.10.2013 19:45 ·
On 10 October 2013, the first international Patristics conference, St. Isaac the Syrian and his Spiritual Legacy, began its work at the Philosophical faculty of the Moscow State University.
- Mr. Leonid Kalashnikov, deputy chairman of State Duma Committee on International Affairs, meets with Christian hierarchs from Syria
09.10.2013 17:18 ·
On 9 October 2013, Mr. Leonid Kalashnikov, first deputy chairman of the Russian State Duma Committee on International Affairs, met with Christian hierarchs from Syria.